That’s right, I have one this (or I guess it would be NEXT)
year. I’ve never had one before, because I always thought they were kind of
silly, and everyone knows that no one usually ends up keeping their anyway.
BUT, next year I have one, and I already know what it is. Although I think it’s
more of a New Year’s PROJECT, than a resolution. And, since I never do anything
“halfway”, it’s actually like 3 projects all rolled into one.
I have 3 passions. Okay, that’s a lie, I have way more than
3 passions. Two of these, have kind of been left by the wayside in the past few
months/year.
One of these, is this blog. I started it at the beginning of
the year, and did pretty well with it for a while, but then got a serious case
of “writers block” and have been battling ever since. My life doesn’t seem to
be all that exciting lately—and after 4 years of non-stop military
“excitement”, that is fine with me. But it doesn’t really help the writers blog
any. So, resolution #1 is to blog more.
The next of these passions is learning. I have always said,
that if going to school didn’t cost so much, I would probably still be going. I
would love to take all kinds of classes just for fun—unfortunately it seems to
be rather expensive fun. So, I am going to have to find some other means of
having fun…or am I? Resolution #2 is to find a different means of learning that
doesn’t cost $10,000 a year.
And, of course, the 3rd of these things, is
taking pictures. I love taking pictures, and I have wanted to learn more about
photography. My husband bought me a big fancy schmancy camera for my birthday—that’s
right, my birthday—in April—and I am still trying to figure out what all I can
do with it. So, you guessed it, resolution #3 is to learn more about my camera,
and experiment more with taking photos.
So, by now you are probably thinking “Where does the 3
projects rolled into ONE come into play? What do these things even have to do
with each other?” Well, ask yourself no longer. My New Year’s Project that is absolutely
ridiculously and obnoxiously ambitious, is to the 365 Photography Project, only
with an added twist. My goal, is to try to find something in every day that is
a lesson to me (here is the “education” part). It might be a reminder of
something that I already knew, it might be something simple and silly like how
you should never seek sympathy from your husband after you burn your hand
TWICE, in the same day, doing the same thing, or, it might be something
wonderful and profound that I have never thought of before. Hopefully I can find
something to take a picture of (here’s the photography part) exercising my
experimenting and/or creativity with my new(ish) camera. Then, of course comes
the blogging end of it. Although I don’t expect to have a big long story to go
with my life lesson every day, my hope is that these little life lessons will
provide inspiration for me to blog more—to give me topics that will help me
snap out of my writers block.
So there you have it…my New Year’s Resolution/Project. Ridiculously
ambitious. I’m not entirely sure how
long I will be able to keep at it, or if I will be able to come up with
something every day—I might have to “work up” to doing this every day. But I
think I will be satisfied even if I can do this once a week.
Now that I have explained this whole little project, stay
tuned for my “test run”, that will hopefully be posted tomorrow!
Sounds awesome!! I can't wait to see what happens!
ReplyDelete