Monday, February 14, 2011

Best of Intentions

Okay, so I have been exceptionally bad about blogging lately—I have had the best intentions, but before I know it, it’s 1 am and I’m ready for bed.

A couple days ago, we made it back to cold, snowy Minnesota. We were greeted by -20 degree temperatures. Yippee. Thus started the moving in and rearranging of the old stuff in order to fit the new stuff. Which still isn’t done, by the way. However, the first thing I did, after carrying in the bare necessities (we arrived late and left the car to unpack for the next day) was to dump some of the sand that I had collected from right outside our door in North Carolina, into the jar that we got in Wilmington (also in North Carolina) and put it on the shelf right next to my side of the bed. So, every morning I wake up to a little piece of a place that still holds quite a bit of my heart.

I am also back to the “to do list” lifestyle. It was so nice being away from having to do anything outside of things like “collect shells on the beach”, and “make something for supper”. Now all of a sudden, having been back for 5 days, I have a “to do” list a mile long. I guess that’s life though!

Today I discovered that I have the best of intentions to do a lot of things. I always have, but it seems that a lot of those things never actually got carried out. So, I am going to try to start working toward achieving some of my intentions—especially since I have quite a bit of free time on my hands for the time being! I am finding that some of my “best intentions” from my past, have found their way into my present, which I take to mean that I am never going to be truly satisfied until I actually make a whole-hearted attempt at accomplishing them. This, of course, doesn’t seem to be helping the whole “mile long to-do list thing”.

So starts my new attitude toward my intentions of doing things. I am really, honestly going to try my hardest to accomplish some of my long awaited goals and desires to do certain activities. I suppose you could consider it the start of my “bucket list”. Wish me luck on being able to maintain my ambition!

1 comment:

  1. i have SEVERAL posts dealing with intentions and being intentional. it's so hard to do all the time, to really be engaged in the present situation, doing the present task without worrying and fretting about past or future ones. but in those rare moments where intentionality takes over, it is pretty glorious.

    ReplyDelete