Music soothes my soul. More specifically, Zac Brown Band, Tyler Hilton, and Everly, for those wondering. I guess I’ve always known that though. I don’t know what it is about it, but it just has a way of releasing pent up stress and emotions and clearing my mind in a way that it seems nothing else can.
I didn’t realize how grounded it kept me until just recently. When I was still in school, I got my fill of music between walking to class, driving back and forth to work, and running at the Y. But since I no longer have that routine, and rarely get to drive anywhere and blast the radio, I rarely listen to music.
As much as I would like to say that I am really excited for Steve to be done with the military so we can start a new chapter in life, I can’t honestly say that. The truth is, I’m terrified. I hate the thought of starting all over. I’m terrified of starting a new job, out of fear that I might not like it and once again have to face the exhausting task of “job searching”. I think this has sparked more stress and emotions than the day he called and said he would be leaving for boot camp in 2 weeks. So, this alone has caused me to come slightly unglued. And by slightly, I mean you better grab the glue gun and come running before I completely fall apart.
So, yesterday, feeling completely stressed out, and lacking motivation to do anything, I decided to shut the TV off, and crank up the music on my computer. And it was WONDERFUL. I was actually productive and stress-free for most of the day. When I had those moments of “stressful freak out”—you know, the ones where you can actually feel your blood pressure rising—I just turned the music up a little louder. I am thinking that “no TV, crank the music” days will have to happen more often from now on.
“…let the world go on without me. Wouldn’t have it any other way, because I ain’t in no hurry today.” -Zac Brown Band
i hear you. life for me has also been REALLY stressful lately and i'm definitely feeling it. one of those times where you just want to curl up and sleep until the end of time. yeah.
ReplyDelete