Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Storms We Share

I have come to decide that the most ferocious weather miracle I have witnessed in my life thus far, is thunderstorms. Sure there are many other works of nature that are much more ferocious—hurricanes, tsunamis, even tornadoes—but I have yet to experience any of those. And out of all the thunderstorms that I have witnessed, I think that the most ferocious are those that go out over the ocean. After a storm passes over, the ocean becomes fierce, and not just for a little while, for the next few days. As if it is reverberating all the way back to the shores, even when the storm is probably way out in the middle of the ocean. 

  
While these storms seem to be quite violent at times, there is something that is completely awe-inspiring, and wonderful, about them. A couple times this summer, I was able to admire a lighting show of epic proportions. It was just continuous—hardly any breaks in the flashes of light, and was one of the most amazing things I have witnessed.

It seems as though everyone experiences storms of some kind. It’s something that everyone shares. Naturally, there is the thunderstorms, the snow storms, the dust storms for those in the desert; but even more pronounced are the storms of life that seem to come to anyone and everyone. There are the storms of life that leave devastating damage after they have passed that never seems to completely heal, and there are the storms of life that are complete whirlwinds that seem to pick you up and spin you around in a complete euphoria and leave you with memories that last a lifetime. Either way, I think it’s safe to say that everyone has experienced many different kinds of storms of life and have either burdens, or memories to share with those around them.

These are my storms, that I choose to share with you.

1 comment:

  1. we ALL have our own storms. whether it's stress from school, work, play or love; heartbreak; disappointment that life didn't go quite the way we wanted; or a million other things, yeah. we all face storms. some live constantly in them, self- or other-created.

    i am excited to see what you have to share and where this will go. :)

    ReplyDelete